Shih-tzu -vs- Rottweiler puppy.

Home Community Dog Behavior Shih-tzu -vs- Rottweiler puppy.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cindy

Hello. I am seeking some advice/tips to resolving my current situation. I have a 7 year old Shih-tzu and recently we adopted an 8 week old Rottweiler. My shih-tzu has been the only dog in the house for 6 years. We did have a dog outside but he is no longer with us. We have introduced a new puppy to the house and our Shih-tzu has changed completely. He does not like the puppy. He gets very jealous. He has even stopped listening to all commands I give him and challenges me every minute of the day. He avoids the puppy when he can and when he cant he growls and sometimes attacks. He seems very detached from the situation. This morning I was sitting on the couch and both dogs were laying down within some distance of one another. The puppy walked up to my Shih-tzu to smell him and my Shih-tzu attacked him drawing blood.I am concerned that if the two of them cant find some common/even ground this could turn out to be a dangerous and possibly fatal situation. I am worried that my Rotti pup will become dog aggressive due to the behavior of my Shih-tzu and I am also concerned that my Rotti will get older and one day "have enough" and attack my Shih-tzu. Any advice would be appreciated.

Lisa

Get rid of the rottie.
    You are making the shih-tzu miserable in what should have been his golden years.
    Either that, or re-home the shih-tzu but one of these dogs has to go.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.