i think my kittens are in danger!!!

Home Community Cat Behavior i think my kittens are in danger!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  rachelnicholl 19 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

It certainly sounds like you have a dilemma on your hands… Is the momma cat normally and Indoor/outdoor cat? If so, she may have a problem with this idea, but I think you should keep all the cats inside until they are older (How old you ask? I would wait until at least 9 months-but that is just me) You mentioned that the runt is often forgotten. Keep a close eye on her/him and remind mom that she has to look after ALL of her babies. A good way to bond with your kittens is to sit with them when they are eating. If mom lets you, pet them and talk to them. This is also good once they make the transition from kittens to "young adults" I call these the teenager years and with good reason too! They begin to learn that they can climb up high, go wherever they want, and the discovery of clawing is used often!LOL Anyway, I hope this is helpful. I just worry that if they are outside they will either get hurt, lost, or worse. They can’t get hurt in a loving home… Hope I helped! 🙂

It certainly sounds like you have a dilemma on your hands… Is the momma cat normally and Indoor/outdoor cat? If so, she may have a problem with this idea, but I think you should keep all the cats inside until they are older (How old you ask? I would wait until at least 9 months-but that is just me) You mentioned that the runt is often forgotten. Keep a close eye on her/him and remind mom that she has to look after ALL of her babies. A good way to bond with your kittens is to sit with them when they are eating. If mom lets you, pet them and talk to them. This is also good once they make the transition from kittens to "young adults" I call these the teenager years and with good reason too! They begin to learn that they can climb up high, go wherever they want, and the discovery of clawing is used often!LOL Anyway, I hope this is helpful. I just worry that if they are outside they will either get hurt, lost, or worse. They can’t get hurt in a loving home… Hope I helped! 🙂

my cat has a liter of kittens that are now almost 9 weeks old, they have been wandering outside since they were only 6 weeks old!!!i live on top of a big hill right on the edge of a forest, and we have been known to have pumas and bears?!?! should i keep them in lock-down, or let them roam with their mom? im especially worried about the runt, because she has been known to forget about him!! wat should i do?!?! plz hurry!!! :'( :'( :'(

THANX!!! that is really helpfull!, we sold one of the babies so now there is only 2, the momma is a mostly outdoor cat, but does come inside wen she feels like it, i think the runt will be ok now that one kitten is gone to a new home, but i will watch him, my kittens are already in their "teenage years", and they are only 9 weeks old!!!!they climb on everything, and their fur is matted and tangled, if they were any bigger i would thing they were adults!!! but thanx for the advise!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.