Missing Rabbit & Guinea Pig

Home Community Rabbits Missing Rabbit & Guinea Pig

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Daniellle

Angel (Rabbit) and Richie (Guinea Pig) both went missing on Monday the 20th of June between 7-11 o’clock in the morning. I’m sure they have been stolen!!!!!!! Anyway my question is, if anybody has heard anything (In Edinburgh, Scotland) about them or seen anything please let me know, pictures attached, also does anybody know anything else I can do?
    So far I have –
    called the police
    called all local rescue centres
    contacted local vets
    spoken to all my neighbours
    put posters in local vets and shops
    I’m absolutely heartbroken so please if you think of anything no matter how extreme, i’ll do it
    Thanks

Click on any picture to see full size:

Lisa

Really, someone broke into your home, stole a rabbit and a guinea pig and left everything else untouched?
    NOT.
    If this is the case, you came home and those two animals were gone but everything else was unchanged, then this was an inside job, meaning someone you know and trust with access to your home went to you house when you weren’t home, entered and stole them.
    To what end? I can’t imagine that they were valuable. By your own admission on your profile, the rabbit was a baby accident when you mistakenly let a male and female get at each other and the pig has a defect which made him un-sellable.
    If they are not valuable and the friend was merely so in love with them that he/she stole them to have them constantly in his/her presence, then that person is a flaming idiot because eventually you would go to that person’s home and see your stolen pets, or evidence of this person suddenly owning a rabbit and a pig.
    Are you absolutely positive they did not somehow escape on their own?
    If you are sure they were stolen and there are no signs of forced entry and nothing else was taken, then I’m sorry but it’s obvious that someone you know did this to you.
    Start looking at anyone with a key to your home.
    Do you live alone, aside from your other pets? If not, look long and hard at your housemates. Someone may secretly hate living with a menagerie and reduced the number by two, going for the most helpless animals first.
    If you still live with your parents, I hate to be the one to suggest this but they may have gotten sick of having a lot of pets and dumped those two behind your back.
    Even if no one stole them and they somehow managed to get out on their own, they are unequipped to live in the wild and would not last long.
    This is terrible, but I truly fear you have seen the last of those two.

Daniellle

They didn’t live in my house they lived in my garden. I live in a flat and have lived in the same flat for all of my life (18 years) I know each one of my neighbours very well and used to have my neighbours look after them when we were on holiday. I have had rabbits in that garden for 10 years! They are still missing but unaware to me the day after they went missing my brother noticed a fox sleeping in their hutch (which I had left open in case someone had tried to return them or if they had escaped and try to get back) which is strange because I spoke to all of my neighbours and they had never seen a fox before. I know my parents would never get rid of them. I live with my mum and she was just as distraught as me.

Daniellle

They did not escape. My rabbit could jump on to the top of her hutch and escape but would always go back in and I’m more than 9999999999999999999% sure my guinea pig could not have escaped as even when he was giving the chance when we had bad wind and the run was ripped to pieces he still sat in his hutch quite warm and content. I am also perfectly aware I wont see them again, so thanks for that chilling reminder!

Lisa

Oh dear, you poor thing, that nasty fox!!!!
    Well that is a revolting development in the case.
    I am so sorry to hear of this sad update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.