ideas for your small pets

Home Community Small Pets ideas for your small pets

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  linzi 16 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

i just started this to see if anyone out there as any new or origional ideas besides the toilet paper roll for amusing your small pets.

GioBonkers

Well, we have 3 rats, and when we have them out on the bed, they play with a ping pong ball, I also used a big poster tube, cut it up then stuck it together to make a ‘T’ shape tunnel and when they’re in it, if i roll the ball in, they push it out again, I also made a harness for one of them and he walks around the house with me, he prefers the stairs though!

SJ

I sometimes get paper and screw it up until it goes soft, rip it into smaller peaces and wrap hey up inside it or food. Depending on what small animal you have your pet may or may not be bothered by it, my cavies love it. I only do it every now and then and only 1/4 of A4 paper at the most per cavy.

lauraliee

you can cut up pieces of material and hang them from the top of the cage they’ll have a blast, also i put whataburger cuts cut in half in my cages they like to hide in them plus they’re cheap!!! but i have a friend that works there, any kind of plastic cups works great. wiffel balls or foam balls and kind of small plastic or soft ball they like to push around, those cat toy jingle balls mine like to push around. i think they like the noise. my mice love to tear up cotton balls and make nest out of them.

moongirl415

My Dwarf Hamsters have a blast doing a few things, one is with the wire cages you hang a little metal bell from the top on a piece of string, and theyll go crazy trying to get it down, and another thing they love is hamster races where I make a track around the front hall out of boxzes and stuff and they race around it in their hamster balls.

rodderz32

Hi I have two male rats, and they love it when i let them cuddle with me, or frozen peas in a dish of water, or getting lots of ropes to play with. The thing they love most is "the art of scritching" you can find this on http://www.dapper.com.au

i have 2 gerbils and they have for babies plus a litter on the way.. i have two tanks and then tubing going from one to the other (they seem to love that especiaully the babies) i also have wooden play objects and a plastic rectangle thing with holes through my gerbils like playing in that and going through the holes and stuff

Daniellle

stuff a toilet paper roll with veg and make sure it doesn’t fall otu with this or yu could put a small ball in or an egg box or a mirror ? lol i dunno what that last 1 will do lol though it wors for birds lol

linzi

the guys ur idea is brilliant i think that will work brilliantly with most critters im going to try it with my gerbils (when i get them)lol i bet the’ll like it because its cheap and you can find it anywhere. btw im on about the idea with the paper thanks for the idea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.