One is much heavier than the other

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding One is much heavier than the other

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jenn 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Scott

I have two tabby house cats. They are brother and sister now almost 15 months old.
    I moved from California to Florida in June, then from one part of Florida to Key West in October.
    The male cats seems to have been really perturbed by the whole experience.
    The female cat has gotten much heavier, while the male cat is bordering on underweight. I feed them together but often have to leave the house all day so I don’t get to see if the female cat is hogging all the food or not and/or if the male is eating sufficiently.
    What should I do?
    Also the guy at the local pet shop says that the typical store bought Purina food is bad, "full of fillers etc." is this true?
    What brand do you recommend feeding one year old cats? Should I put the female cat on a diet? Is feeding them dry food only okay?
    Thanks,
    Scott S.
    Key West, FL

Jenn

I have the same problem. What did you do to try to correct the issue? I think if I separate mine they will be distraught. I know he keeps looking for her when she is not in the same room.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.