What type of horse is best

Home Community Horses & Riding What type of horse is best

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  georgia 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mary

I was wondering if you know what type of horse is best for a smaller farm and for daily relaxing rides? I’ve been looking a different breeds and most people seem to think that the best is an older Quarter horse. I do like the breed but I was wondering if you had an suggestions?

Katelyn

hiya! quarter horses are good and quiet and versatile, but if you get a chestnut, black or palamino, i find them very hott headed. the chestnuts and pallys are the worst, as they are like ‘red heads’ and tend to have temper problems. of all the chestnut horses ive ridden (i’m a western pro) all the chesdtnuts have been either loopy, hott headed or stubben. If yu ask me, the appaloosa is the best horse to own. i own two at the mo, and both do western riding, treking, jumping, pony club and adult riding club, and the youngest is 4, oldest is only 10. they are also said to be the best doers (easy to care for). hope this helps 🙂
    Katelyn

georgia

well it depends on how tall you are but welsh ponys are always very good hardy ponys or if you are quiet tall go for a arab they are sweet nautured horses and normaly good on hacks i hope this helps good luck

Mary

Thanks to you both! And I am only 5 feet tall so I think a hardy pony would do just fine!

georgia

You are welcome a d good luck finding the right pony /horse for u

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.