Horse with cold

Home Community Horses & Riding Horse with cold

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jacki 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jacki

I have a 2 yr old standatdbred gelding. I got him from a horse rescue and adopted him.
    A week after I got him he developed a runny nose, dry cough, and a little eye discharge. Now, I will say this is not my first horse, I have been around a lot of colds and even phnomonia in horses. But i baby him.lol! There isn’t much to do about a cold but to watch him. My older gelding got it a few days after the colt did, but only a runny nose and eye discharge, he’s over his.
    The colt now only has a cough, he only coughs a few times a day, I notice it when he’s eating his grain and on occasion when I ride him. He seams to have energy and eats well.
    He has been on pasture till 4 days ago, I had to bring them in and feed them off a round bale. The older horse still doesn’t have any other problems.
    How long does a cough last? It hasn’t gone into phnamonia, and isnt often. Do I need to worry?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.