HELP! HE IS REALLY SICK!

Home Community Dogs HELP! HE IS REALLY SICK!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Beckey 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

caitlin

Last night my brothers 3 month old puppy became sick. He lost control of his bowls. he had continuous diarrhea and urination, he was also vomiting. When he couldn’t vomit anymore he began to dry heave and foam at the mouth. My brother called the pet shop where he purchased him a week ago but they wouldn’t cover emergency vet bills and he couldn’t afford to take him because his car broken down out side of town so he spent all his money getting the car fixed before the dog got sick that day. What could have caused him to be so sick? do you think its a virus?

Lucy

Hope you didn’t lose him. Sounds like he got into something that either poisoned him or had Parvo. You should never buy an animal from a pet store; most of these pets are from puppy mills, in or out of the States, and are poorly bred, come from unsanitary conditions, and are usually sick. If your puppy died, which I certainly hope he didn’t, adopt your next best friend from a pound, humane society or breed rescue. Also look into pet insurance. Puppies can be insured with Trupanion for a low monthly amount, and having insurance will help you cover the expenses associated with vet visits, especially in an emergency.

Beckey

My dog did the same thing and it was distimper. I gave her gatorade and it helped some but she didn’t make it through it. Your puppy probably had it when you bought her. I am very sorry to hear about your puppy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.