In need of FERRET advice please!

Home Community Small Pets In need of FERRET advice please!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Whitney 13 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mikka

I have an older ferret of indeterminate age (he was found in a friends dryer vent some years ago), and recently (within the past month) he has started scratching quite frequently and the hair on the sides of his belly is coming out (I was scooping his cage and I found a clump of it), also he will wake up in sneezing/coughing fits (I mean rapid fire hacking type stuff). Yesterday I noticed that the glands(I think) on the side of his neck were swollen but today they have decreased in size. I don’t think he noticed when the were swollen. About 5 days ago I gave him a bath with tropiclean oatmeal dog shampoo because his skin was red and irritated looking and he felt grungy.
    His skin is normal colored now no sores, scratches or anything. My main concern is the swollen glands and the incessant scratching and sneezing/coughing. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

Whitney

I dont own a ferret but this is anything but good. Take it to a vet specially if anything gets worse.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.