Thin cat not getting enough food?

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding Thin cat not getting enough food?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jen

I have four cats all of which are healthy and active. I have three females who have been spayed, and one male who has not been neutered. One of the females is overweight, two are about average, and the male is very thin. They are treated for fleas and dewormed if I notice any signs of worms, either on their fur or in the cat box. They eat out of a pan that is filled and then emptied by them twice daily, once in the morning and once at night if the pan is empty. I would have a hard time separating them to feed because they have full run of my apartment at all times. Should I be worried that the thinner cat is not getting enough food? Is there a sneaky way that I could give him more food, or because he is active, if thin, should I just let him be?

Frances

Sorry, I just found this.
    Take the thin cat to the vet immediately to be tested for diabetes and a hyperactive thyroid, & also cancer.
    These are the most common causes of a too-thin cat. The first two are easily treated – diabetes with insulin shots, and pills for the thyroid condition. The cancer, not so much can be done.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.