Should I purchase this horse?

Home Community Horses & Riding Should I purchase this horse?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Robin

Should I purchase this horse?
    History ? I bought a senior horse that was in ?need? of a new home. She was with a colt, in a small pasture, no shelter, dung everywhere and a serious case of thrush! She was moved to a 1 +/- acre pasture with a 2 stall barn. In less than a week she was all better. We decided to get her a pasture companion. I was considering a mini or a pony. My husband requested a full size horse.
    We found this ?Beautiful? TN Walker owned by someone we know. She is 10, trained for western show with a great attitude. She lives on a 62 acre, fenced farm. There are a total of 7 horses there, each with their own stall in the barn and a large arena. They run the entire 62 acres like a free and wild herd. They come to the barn a couple times a week for grain and some interaction with their humans. None of them are broke to ride except her. They have only ridden her 2 times in a couple years. They brought her to our pasture for a trial run the other day.
    I am mostly a ground work horse person with an occasional bareback ride in the pasture. I groom daily and clean the dung from the pasture daily. I talk to them, walk them around on a lead and treat them like cherished family members. Here is my dilemma; the stress of being here has caused her to have some diarrhea from time to time. I wonder if she would be happier in her other home, where she is free to roam and run with her herd? I would feel horrible knowing that the small pasture here is causing her to feel jailed. They will not sell her if we do not purchase her. She was offered only because of our interest in her. I am so torn here. Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.