Please help, my cat is gorging himself.

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding Please help, my cat is gorging himself.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

shannon

I have a siamese cat tweak. About 4 months ago, he got out and had sex for the first time. When he came home at first, he seemed to improve. Was more affectionate, less picky, and more easy going. A few weeks later, however, he began constantly pawing after our kitten for sex, almost with an unsatiable appetite for it. He constantly cries for her, to the point where she now ignores his sexual pleas. Recently, for about the past month and a half, tweak has been gorging himself. We always put down a two sectioned bowl full for the two of them to share. Recently, he will gorge himself till the bowl is reduced to crumbs within an hour of the dish being set out, leaving none for the kitten. He then incessantly cries for us to feed him again, until we put out the second dish, at nighttime. What can I do to solve this issue? In addition he has been breaking into our trash at nighttime, picking out numerous bits of meat, and taking only a bite out of each one. The last time this occured there were still crumbs left in his bowl!
    Keep in mind, we have never experienced a sensitivity to any food we give this cat. We do not buy him a constant brand of food, basically what we can afford that week. Always leave dry food and fresh water down for him, and every month or so he will get a treat of 1 can of wet food.
    Please help, thank you.

Lisa

Well, by now you probably know the answer but better late than never.
    Your male is eating like a pig because he hasn’t been neutered and can’t get laid.
    Pigging out is a substitute for sex.
    Get him fixed.

Frances

Take him to the vet & have him checked for: Diabetes – hyper-active thyroid – cancer.
    These three diseases are the most common causes of sudden hunger in a cat.
    And get the creature neutered.
    And give the kitten a box to eat in that is just big enough for him, with a door just big enough for him. And some 3 inch-square windows for light.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.