Hunter’s Hump and Moon Blindness in one eye

Home Community Horses & Riding Hunter’s Hump and Moon Blindness in one eye

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Kimberly 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kimberly

We are looking to buy today a 7 year old Gelding who is a Thorough Bred. We have two concerns. One is we are told he has Moon Blindness in one eye. I see there is a little cloudy spot, almost like a cateract. What can you tell me about Moon Blindness in a horse? Question two: The ferrier told us he has Hunter’s Hump. The top of his spine is raised a little and then a bump at the being of his rump area. He does not seem lame at all. We have ridden him three times extensively and he does not seem lame at all. What can you tell me about it? The ferrier was not concerned at all about it, nor the owner. The owner said when he gets more muscle built and weight back on then it will be less predominent. I am told his weight loss is due to the horses he was being pastured with would pick on him and not let him eat hay very much. As well as he was not being ridden much. Whatever info. you can share with me would be great. I am going to probably purchase him today. So I would like to learn a little more. Thanks so much! Kim

Kimberly

PS He does crib or suck air so this may be why the weight loss. He is not real skinny though. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.