Liquorice and Rufus

Home Community Pet Loss Support Liquorice and Rufus

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pam 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pam

We lost our beautiful cat Liquorice a few days ago. He was missing for a week and we did everything to find him, posters, ads on the radio and in the local paper. We got a phone call to say he had been in a field not far from our house for 3 days.He had been kicked by a horse. His brother Rufus is acting very strange with me and I just wanted to ask if anyone knew if it was because I carried Liquorice home and he could smell my scent from the place we put Liquorice before we buried him. Our hearts are broken and I know he’s grieving. Can anybody give us advice on what to do. He digs at the grave and pines. Thanks.Pam and Tony

Rachel

This is so sad, I really feel for you. I’m so sorry for your loss.
    I believe Rufus can sense that Liquorice is gone and misses him very much. A cat’s sense of smell is 14 times more sensitive than ours, so I think your assumption that he smelled him on you is probably correct. I’m not sure what you can do, but I think his grief is just as real as yours…I’ve experienced similar situations with my own animals over the years. Perhaps he needs a new companion, though I know nobody else could fully take the place of Liquorice.
    Two years after my kitty Lydia died, the pain has faded so much, but once in awhile I have a sharp and vivid memory and relive it all over again. It’s a very hard thing to go through, and I hope your pain eases with time <3

pam

Thank you so much for your kind message. We got a companion for Rufus a female kitten called Olsen. She seems to have helped him and he’s playing again but he still pines for his brother. We’ll never forget Liquorice and like you we look forward to memories of him. Thank you again so much. Pam & Tony♥

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.