how to stop a horse from biting?

Home Community Horses & Riding how to stop a horse from biting?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kayla 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Maleah

I’ve had my horse for a year and a half now. He injured himself badly a few days after we got him so my mom would allow him to nip while we were changing his bandage to make sure her reaction didn’t cause him to move. This made his biting habit HORRIBLE. Since then, he’s about 85 percent better, however, he still does it. It’s mainly a game to him. For example, he will only nip at me in showmanship when I’m in front of a judge and he knows to dodge when I try to correct him. He seems to have fun with it and rarely ever actually bites my hand-usually bites at it. I’ve tried smacking him, kicking him in the stomach, backing him–everything I can…but he still won’t stop. He seriously disrespects me and I need to find a way to make this stop for good. PLEASE give me something that will work!!

kayla

Play a game with him, when you go to smack him dont really but he will think you are, instead wait a little and then bite him when he isnt expecting it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.