Parvo virus

Home Community Dogs Health Parvo virus

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jennifer

I want to stress to other dog owners how important it is to pay attention to signs with your pet.
    We had given a puppy from a litter from one of our dogs that was born this past December, to a friend of my sister’s. They were not aware of the symptoms of this virus. They had just assumed she was depressed.
    They let us know a week after she had gotten home with them that she was not eating or drinking water. That she was vomiting and having diahrrea. They had her for six days until we found this out.
    I immediately took her the Emergency after hours vet where i live. Unfortunately it was too late for her. My neice and myself spent two hours having them run tests on her. Then another two hours deciding what to do. They would start the treatment but we were also advised it would be a miracle if she survived the night.
    The reason it took 2 hours to decide what to do, i had all the vets in that clinic that was on duty examine her to see if there was any way she would survive. Ziva, the name of the puppy, was in so much pain that the only thing we could do was end her suffering.
    In the end she was euthanized and cremated (curled in her favorite blanket no less).
    ~The point for this message is to stress the importance of this very serious virus. She was only 6 months old.~

Click on any picture to see full size:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.