Two cats with different eating habbits

Home Community Cat Food & Feeding Two cats with different eating habbits

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

april

I have had my cat Halibut (male russian blue/tabby) for 2 years. he had a specific eating schedule because he tends to over eat and was a little overweight. I recently (3 months ago) addopted a 4 year old cat named Kinga (female tai siamese) who is a finicky eater who likes to keep her food bowl full and eat periodically throughout the day. To make sure Kinga has food I have to keep her and Halibuts food bowls full so he does not eat all her food but now he is getting too overweight. Is there a solution to keep both of my cats healthy?

Frances

OPTIONS:
    1) Is the kitten more athletic than the older cat?
    If so, put her food on a high place that she can jump up to without using a step-stool. This may keep the older cat from getting at it.
    2) Get a large box, about 18-20 inches square. Cut a hole in the box that will only fit the kitten, about 1 inch wider and taller than the kitten is wide & tall. To test this, cut the hole, insert the kitten into the box & see if she can JUST get out. Enlarge the hole by increments as she grows.
    Put her food dish in the box. Put the box in the feeding area. Presto! A private dining room.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.