Dog does not like one person

Home Community Dog Behavior Dog does not like one person

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  nancy 13 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nancy

My 4 yr old mini schnauzer is vocal and barks a lot, especially when someone is at the door. when my husbands’ son comes in his behavior changes and he growls, barks A LOT, and shakes, with his ears back. when the boy approaches him he growls and runs to hide. He always growls when the boy comes into the room. He approaches other dogs and strangers after a warning or announcement bark, and he wags his tail. I believe the boy may have done something to him (he does not like the dog). But my husband thinks the dog is just nuts. what do you think? The boy denies anything.

Mikki

Either the boy did something to the dog, or if the kid is not a "dog person" and has poor dog skills he may be sending off vibes that the dog finds threatening. You need the help of a professional animal behaviorist. Is the son an adult or a child?

Lindsay

Our dog Jack is very friendly and we had the same thing happen to us recently with a contractor that we had working on our house. He has always been friendly with everyone else that has been here but would not go near this gentelman and growled and his hair stood up if the man went near him. We found out a few weeks later that the man was diagnosed with cancer and I did a bit of research and found out that this was probibly the reason that Jack would not go near him. The smell from the man being sick. Just something to think about and maybe a health check on your husbands son wouldn’t hurt.

nancy

He’s 21 and is a friend of our sone. He’s made the comment that "He hates the dog" but does not do anything to him (in our presence). I just have a gut feeling he may have at least "lunged at him" or something to make him go away because of the barking….but maybe worse than that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.