WHO has adopted from a rescue discussion

Home Community Pet Adoption WHO has adopted from a rescue discussion

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara 13 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

steph

Hi I am so excited. I am adopting a 6 yr old golden from golden retriever rescue of mid florida. She has been treated for a bad case of heartworms though but should be heartworm free in a few weeks (she has been through 3 treatments boo hoo) SHe is so sweet. I just want to hear some stories of new found "love" hehe

Shelley

I adopted my best friend from Petfinder.com. He was found in Ohio abandon with his brother and brought to Ontario. He was only three months old at the time and really skinny. I didn’t realize at the time he was Ducktoller-X therefore a working dog therefore in need of A LOT of exercise… he is a joy to be around, loves my nieces and is waiting every day for me to get home so we can go to the park and play ball. Good luck – you’ll not regret your decision.

Cheryl

http://cheryldianemillard.webs.com/taxonomyspeciesandgender.htm
    Above is my website to help all you new land hermit crab owners. I just adopted my first Purple Pincher crab called Ilio, he is a mini. He came all the way from the North East part of the states. He arrived a just fine but a bit hungry(actually very hungry),ate his fill before going on to meet his new tank mates.He is doing really well.

Cheryl

I am happy to read about people like you who go the extra mile, I hope your retriever is heart-worm free now. I have adopted two hermit crabs from two separate homes, they were generous to pay their shipping out to me as I am on a limited income, that speaks a lot about their compassion to want a good home for something so small, both are doing well.

Barbara

I foster for two rescue groups and I guarantee you will not regret the decision to adopt. I have adopted the maximum I am allowed to have and still be able to foster but each one adds their own special touch to my life. Most of the dogs I have worked with are puppy mill rescues and the rewards are tenfold what I give to them. It is truly a rewarding and humbling experience to see these dogs go from frightened, skinny and unsocialized creatures to wonderful, loving pets. My heart is especially with the mill dogs because they have been through so much but I’ve never seen an animal that appreciate everything you do for them more than these special babies. My "charter member" and mother hen came from a good breeder but, while I lover her dearly doesn’t have nearly the appreciation that my fosters do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.