Fighting Birds

Home Community Birds Fighting Birds

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Emily

I have three birds, two budgerigars whom I have had for several years, and one recently-introduced lineolated parakeet. The parakeet and one of the budgies get along just fine, the the other budgerigar is feisty and tends to pick on the larger linnie, who is normally too passive to defend itself. (Note; neither bird has been hurt in these confrontations) Is there any way I can make my birds get along?

kim

It doesn’t matter if they haven’t been hurt yet. It will eventually happen.
    You can’t make birds get along & be friends. They’re as individual as you & I. They choose who they want to be friends with & who they don’t want to be friends with. Some birds just don’t like each other & the only thing you can & should do is separate the linnie & give him his own cage & stand.

Linda

the problem you have is your two previous birds have been friends, the new bird is an intruder and a threat, unless you supervise the out time your new one could get hurt, same species or not: it happened that way with three of my conures but the newbee had the good sense to hide out in an open cage: yours may not: it took my birds a year to accept the new bird, plus they need to know your love for them hasn’t changed any either

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.