Wants a parrot

Home Community Birds Wants a parrot

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 13 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Maria

My daughter wants to buy her self a parrot but don’t know what type to buy she wants one that will be easy to tame and not ending up being nasty, If any one got any subjection’s then please let me know …. thanks maria

Terri

You don’t say how old your daughter is but i can tell you that birds and a huge responsibility , they are messy eaters they shake their feathers and you will end up with feathers all around and you can’t do anything about it it is who they are birds no manners for being clean. They also need time out of the cage lots of time and need alot of human contact in order to make it a good pet. If you are still set on getting a bird a great first time pet bird is a cockatiel it is a small delicately colored crested parrot. Google cockatiel and check them out they make great pets. You want to learn as much as you can before hand.

Linda

I suggest she read a great deal more than just wanting a bird, they are not as easy to take care of as many people think. Nasty? If you do the wrong thing you will have a nasty bird. He bites and you react he is impressed and biting will help him make you dance.
    What is wanted is a teil, however, the bird must be family bird not an individuals, it makes it better for you and for the bird. Staying committed? Don’t ever give it away, sell it or trade it, divorce ect: too many bad things happen to rehomed birds: if you think that might happen don’t get one: in the right hands these birds live very long lives

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.