natural dog shampoos

Home Community Dogs natural dog shampoos

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  siri 14 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Trisha

I would like to stop using shampoo on my dogs. I would like a more natural alternative such as a baking soda rinse or a vinegar rinse. Has anyone tried this and if so, does it work well on animals.

Frances

I’ve never used that, but I find that horse shampoo is very good. It’s all-natural, very mild, with lots of good moisturizers.
    I use it on myself & on my dog.
    Mane ‘n Tail has fewer moisturizers, it works better on me & Marlowe the Dog.
    See the link for availability. It’s technically called "Cabellina Shampoo Del Caballo" & comes in 32oz & is only $4.89 a bottle. There’s a conditioner available, too.

Frances

Sorry, unclear.
    I prefer Cabellino because of the extra moisturizers. Mane ‘n Tail leaves our hair/fur less soft.

shelly

i haven’t tried that on my dog but i recently purchased an all natural peppermint tree tree oil shampoo from dogosuds. it is working great and it is very gentle and mild.

siri

Natural Homemade Dog Shampoo:
    Ingredients:
    – A cup of all natural dish soap (yes, just normal dish soap: I love the soaps from Seventh Generation!)
    – A cup of organic apple cider vinegar
    – A third of a cup of glycerin
    – A quart of water
    Mix these four ingredients together, pour into a bottle for storage, and voila! You now have your own all-natural dog shampoo. Whenever you need to wash your dog and give your dog a bath, just give your bottle of environmentally-friendly dog shampoo a good shake, and pour onto Rover! He’ll love it, and so will you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.