My cats tail got caught in the door!

Home Community Cats Health My cats tail got caught in the door!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Katy 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Katy

My cat got his tail stuck in the door last week, and it has been bleeding on and off since then. I called my vet that I usually bring my dog to, and they said that there was not much that could be done. They said that I could not really bandage it because he will just take it off, and irritate it more. He doesnt seem to be in too much pain, because he has been playing pretty normal. I have been told to clean it and not to clean it with peroxide. And really to only time it starts bleeding is when he has been cleaning it ( prolly cuz he just keep re-opening the wound) But my question is, is there anything else i can do, to help him and to speed up the healing process. He has been getting blood on our furniture and carpet.

Alisha

Well when I had Smokey and Puss-Puss, the same thing happened but it got bitten.
    It healed by it’s self but in this situation it is different, have you actually tried putting on a bandage?
    The vet says it will just take it off, maybe when it starts to bleed a bit or when he opens the cut, bandage it up.
    It is something that takes time to go but try to distract your cat from opening the cut such as giving it things to play with.
    E.g (faviourite toy)
    Hope this helps xD

Katy

Thanks. I have been trying to catch him when he licks it, and stop him. It seems to be working.. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.