mix breeds are they worth the money?

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds mix breeds are they worth the money?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Tara 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jen

I have been looking for a small mix dog for a while. But I have a problem spending a lot of money on a mix dog. Why all of a sudden are people selling these so called designer puppies when all they are are mutts. My friend said that it is illegal to sell a mix breed. Is this true. I remember a time when you could get such a dog/puppy for free.

Johannah

I never heard of any law making it illegal to sell mixed breeds. But instead of purchasing one of these dogs and thus encouraging people to keep indiscriminantly breeding dogs why don’t you go to a local shelter to get a puppy or grown dog? There is a small adoption fee, and the personnel are usually very careful to match the person and the dog’s personality and needs. This is a win win situation because you and the dog each get what you need and want. Also if you should become interested in a purebred dog you can get on a list at some shelters and/or check the dogs who are available at the various breed rescue sites online. Most people are not aware of how many millions of purebred, as well as mixed breed, dogs are languishing in shelters and foster homes, just waiting for someone like you to adopt them, give them a permanent home and love them forever.

Tara

I think the law your friend was reffering to is that it is illegal to sell or advertise dogs as purebreds as if they do not have there registration papers. And as stated in the other reply shelters have all size dogs of all ages and the fee that you are charged usually comes with flea control shots and spay/neuter if the dog is old enough. If you were to get a dogs shots, castrated and flea control on your own it would often cost more than what you will pay a shelter for an adoption fee. Another plus, you’ll be saving a life.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.