Old or Sick?

Home Community Birds Old or Sick?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Charles 11 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Emily

I have 2 budgies whom I love very much. One is 5 years old and one is 7. Lately, the 7 year old has been looking and acting a lot differently. Her feathers are slightly dull and a bit more ruffled, so they stick up in some places. In addition to that, she seems a lot calmer than she usually is. My very playful and energetic bird now prefers to sit quietly in her cage, perched on a stick (she does play, but just not as much). She also isn’t as loud as she usually is. I’m worried that she might be sick because she sometimes shudders when I pick her up, but I also think that she could just be aging. Can anyone help?

Linda

My 12-year old cockatiel acted like this last year. Turns out he had a tumor and was dying. He just got more and more mellow, until I could not figure out whether he was sick or not. I finally took him to the vet, where I got the diagnosis. I had him euthanized about a week later. Take your Budgie to the vet. It might be nothing, but it’s worth it to know.
    Linda

Charles

I have 2 females that are 17 years old the main thing is not to gave them a low grade of bird seed a high grade of seed has dried fruit and veggies which they need to stay strong.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.