Re: Ever Used PetFinder? I’m a little concerned..

Home Community Pet Adoption Ever Used PetFinder? I’m a little concerned.. Re: Ever Used PetFinder? I’m a little concerned..

Kurt

WE fostered alot of Katrina dogs that were placed here and in Milwaukee area.I breed bloodhounds and am picky on who my pups go to also.I ask for personal references,vet reference and such. I have the contract and have them sign before get pup which includes the spay/neuter clause if I want that done, shots,heartworm treaments and a no chained or tied dog clause also. I also got it written in contract that if cannot keep dog it comes back to me not given away or sheltered. I just had one and she was making a will up saying dog would go to hubby if something happened to her then her mom.She was told straight out hubby ok as name on papers as co owner but as far as mom went NO had to come back here and she understood my concern. Contract has to be made in the best interest of the dog.
What I am saying is you must feel comfortable with who the pup goes to.There are sites that have the free option for adoptable dogs that do let you post pic and shots everything with a short bio.