Re: Dog will not recover

Home Community Dogs Health Dog will not recover Re: Dog will not recover

Erick

I’m guessing he was going to want to xray the area around his heart. If your dog has congestive heart failure, fluid will build up in the lungs and a cough will persist to try to clear the fluid. The blood results you describe do not indicate an advanced stage of heart problems though.

While I realize xray are expensive for you, they would be well worthwhile to diagnose his condition. If he does have heart problems, medication could be administered to help him.

Would your parents be able to help with the vet bill? Maybe they could spring for the xrays. You might also want to ask another vet the cost to xray. My dog was just xrayed for heart issues and it was a bit less than $200, plus the cost of the office visit.

Unfortunately, vets are not cheap. To properly diagnose your dog’s problem you do need to spend some money. Just be wise with the results you are seeing. The internet can be used to learn quite a bit about blood work, xray results, etc. Many vets post info online that can be obtained through searches on Google.

Good luck.