Re: Dog won’t go into cemetery

Home Community Dogs Dog won’t go into cemetery Re: Dog won’t go into cemetery

Lucy

I truly doubt your dog is smelling embalming fluid. It’s possible she’s picking up on decomposition, particularly since many dogs are trained to locate dead bodies and do so by smell. Of course, there’s another possibility, which the majority of people would boohoo; the presence of spirits in the graveyard.
About ten years ago I went to a B&B where my daughter was working and had a strange psychic experience in the main house. The next time I visited, I took my Golden Retriever with me. He’s always been laid back and easy going and at the time was used as a therapy dog and visited nursing homes, hospitals, libraries and schools. Usually when I’d visit someplace new he’d just plop down in a corner and falls asleep. Not that night. He paced, got up, laid down, and paced some more. I finally put him outside on the big wraparound deck, where he immediately laid down and fell asleep.
I believe he may have experienced some kind of paranormal phenomena inside the house that made him anxious and slightly upset since he’s never had that kind of reaction anywhere else.