Re: help please?

Home Community Dog Food & Feeding help please? Re: help please?

Lucy

I can get Food for the Dog Lover’s Soul, canned, for $.99/can when I shop at a feed store about 40 miles from where I live. Nearest Petco and PetSmarts are 2 hours away. Evanger’s canned is $1.29/can, but some of it is almost $2.50/can!
Not sure about "organic" foods, but I stick with the higher end brands, including Taste of the Wild, Canidae, California Natural, and Innova. I’m a bit worried about the latter 2 because Natura was purchased by Proctor and Gamble last month. They messed up Iams and Eukenuba in 1999 by changing the recipes and have had more recalls in the past five years than any other major pet food manufacturer. Their food isn’t quite the garbage can quality of Old Roy and Beneful, but it runs a close second.
All of the higher end brands are getting terribly expensive, which puts those of us with a mid-range income between a rock and a hard spot when it comes to buying decent pet food. I’m beginning to think it might be cheaper to make my own, especially when chicken is on sale for .70 cents a pound.