Re: Severe itch problem

Home Community Dogs Severe itch problem Re: Severe itch problem

Irene

Thanks about my Chibi… sure sounds like Tuckers symptoms are very close to Sammy’s. Winter is a good time for him. We do give him a Summer cut every month because for whatever reason his hair grows longer than an inch and a half he starts itching! So we keep it short…this was through trial and error process., Now if I see him itch a little more than usual and he just begins to lick at his feet then, I know his problem has started. I start with the Hydroxizine, it always seems to calm but then after a few days or so he starts licking more and itching more then I know it’s time for ivermectin… after a few days of that along with the hydroxizine and his licks and scratches aren’t totally drying then i know it’s time for the antibiotics… With the combination of all 3 it seems to really calm his itching and licking down considerable….
Hope Tucker makes it through winter unscathed!!!!
Irene *** the little thumbnail picture is of our Misty. I found an old picture of her when she was a puppy and thought it’d be cute to put her in one of my paintings. I liked it so much that she’s on my business cards!