North American Pet BBO22795 Bob Parrot Ladder, 48-Inch, New
DT Fun Chest Padded Dog Harness Yellow Trim with Velcro Patch
Animal brain scan protection helmet government brain reader blocker
Retail Tropical Fish Store Aquarium Displays
Entire Pet Toys Business Just Merino Sheepskin JMS Products Sew your own Income
100 (one hundred) Kessil A350 Narrows Aquaculture Best LED light to grow coral
The Ancestry Of The Domestic Ferret
Where do ferrets originate from? (Merriah Walsh - Wisconsin)
A great deal of mystery surrounds the origins of the domestic ferret. Archeological remains of the ferret have been dated to 1500 BC, and most people place the origin around the same time as the domestic cat (which was probably during dynastic Egypt).
The ferret was probably bred from the European Polecat (Mustela putorius), and some use the scientific name Mustela putorius furo. It is also possible that ferrets have the Steppe polecat (Mustela eversmanni) in their ancestry.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- 1000 Rats Seeking New Homes in California
- Pets in Education
- Hundreds of Guinea-Pigs Killed In Fire
- Rhode Island's New Small Animal Laws Take Effect
- Common Health Problems of Mongolian Gerbils
- A Guide to Hamster Health
- 3 New Cases of Swine Flu in Ferrets
- Visit The Small Pet Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter