How Do I Induce My Dog To Vomit?
How can I make my chihuahua vomit? (Angela Young - Florida)
Inducing vomiting in dogs is not to be taken lightly. The first thing to do is to find out what has poisoned your dog. It is then recommended that you phone your vet's emergency phone number (more resources below) for advice. In all cases, inducing vomiting is only a temporary measure until you can take your dog to the vet. There are circumstances in which induction of vomiting is the wrong thing to do:
- If your dog is displaying convulsions, seizures, shock or lethargy DO NOT induce vomiting - instead seek veterinary assistance immediately.
- If your dog has ingested caustic substances DO NOT induce vomiting as this will tear the stomach lining.
If your dog does not display these symptoms, and has not ingested a caustic substance, then you can induce vomiting. Give your dog two teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide, or if you are desperate and have nothing else available a teaspoon of salt will also have the desired effect.
- Dogs that Donít Shed
- Do Cats and Dogs Get Colds?
- How are Pets Euthanized?
- The Benefits, Breeds and History of Hairless Dogs
- How Serious is Intervertebral Disk Disease for Dogs?
- Dog Safety Tips for Families
- Pet Supplements and Vitamins
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter