Do Dogs Experience The Menopause?
My dog is 9 1/2 years old and has had her period for 22 days now, I know it can last longer that 3 weeks. At what age does the menstrual cycle stop? (Connie Jaworsky - New Jersey)
Females do not go through menopause though sometimes there may be a cessation in heat cycles for a period of time and then they can start back up again. As a female ages, her fertility does drop off but she will not go through menopause as humans do. It is also possible for senior dogs to become pregnant. Dropping off of fertility with age does not mean she cannot become pregnant.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Brining a new dog into a household with a cat
- Housebreaking Reversal
- Dog Anxiety and Fear
- Irritated scrotum in German Shepard
- Calming my dog while grooming?
- I just realized my puppy had fleas, what should I do?
- What Breed is my Dog?
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter