Leaving A Dog Alone All Day
What is the best method of containment for a dog, when the family works? It doesn't seem fair to leave him in a crate for 9 hours, I have considered a gate for the kitchen or bath but he has had accidents. (Robyn Umfress - Location Unknown)
It is not fair to keep a dog alone in an apartment all day, and definitely not if he is being kept in a crate. I think that if the occasional accident happens, it is only fair to put up with it - he is not being asked if he wants to go 9 hours without going to the toilet! IF he is a small dog you could consider litter-training him. Other than this, I would suggest you find a day-time pet sitter or a friend who can come round and walk your dog at lunchtime.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- PetSmart: Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories and Many Pet Products
- Rescue Dog Nervous in Car
- Dog Separation Anxiety
- Dog has Frequent Diarrhea
- Dog Fear Displacement
- Foxhound puppy sometimes attacks
- My dog has formed a stricture at the end of her esophagus
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter