40 lbs Med/Lrg Dry Reef Base Rock, Lightweight, Porous, Great for Aquariums Live For Sale -
This item has been shown 3250 times.
40 lbs Med/Lrg Dry Reef Base Rock, Lightweight, Porous, Great for Aquariums Live:
This Florida dry reef rock is professionally cleaned using a three step process and dried to ensure no pesky hitchhikers, pests or algae are introduced into your saltwater aquarium. This dry rock is not man-made; it is real calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite from a quarry in Florida, far away from living coral reefs. It is completely reef-safe and will not leach any undesirable contaminants into your delicate saltwater system.
Reef aquarium hobbyists get more bang for their buck with high porous, low density aquarium rocks. You not only get more volume per pound, but fewer pounds are required to fill your aquarium compared to denser, heavier base rock for sale. Florida Reef Rock is a tremendous value, especially compared to live rock, since you do not have to pay for extra water weight and expedited shipping. Florida Dry Rock does not affect the aquarium nitrogen cycleand may therefore be added to new aquariums and established tanks alike.Thisdry rockis super porous with plenty of surface area to grow beneficial nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to act as a biological filter to help maintain pristine water conditions in your tank. Also environmentally friendly because it's harvested on land in Florida and only the best pieces are selected to sell for aquarium use. We handpick a variety of shapes and sizes to make aquascaping your reef tank fun and easy. Dry rock is full of nooks and crannies that offer great anchoring points for stacking rocks or placing coral frags. Aquarium Epoxymolds easily to the dry rock allowing you to create elaborate pillars, sturdy shelves, interesting overhangs and cool caves. You can also make your own custom pieces with a hammer and drill to make caves and any other shapes you want. Using Florida Dry Rock guarantees unwanted hitchhikers will not enter your tank, which is commonplace with live rock. Having no detrimental and difficult-to-remove aiptasia and majano anemones, fire worms, flatworms, mantis shrimp and pyramidellid snails in your aquarium is a huge advantage that will save you time, money and stress during the life of your tank. Florida Dry Rock is available in several different box sizes so if you require more or less just ask . We recommend 1 to 2 lbs. of rock per gallon of aquarium water. 1 pound per gallon for a open-water landscape with more space for your fish to swim. 2 pounds per gallon for a denser landscape so you can create more caves/crevices and more area to place your corals. Please note the photos displayed in the listings are merely representative of the rock you will receive so the actual size, shape and appearance will vary with each order. To seed your new aquarium with beneficial bacteria, we recommend using live sand and the old tried and true method of adding a uncooked shrimp and starting the cycle. If adding to an existing aquarium just simply rinse and add. If you want you can also use a bacterial supplementto kickstart the cycling process. Soon your dry rock will be alive and beautiful! PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
• 100% natural calcium carbonate limestone-structured aragonite dry rock
• Safe for all marine fish and reef aquarium systems
• Guaranteed not to introduce undesirable hitchhikers, like algae and aiptasia
• Will not leach undesirable contaminants or affect the aquarium nitrogen cycle
• Harvested on land in a Florida rock quarry so no damage comes to natural coral reefs
• Less expensive and more environmentally friendly than live rock
• You get more volume per pound than live rock so less is required to aquascape your aquarium
• Natural pores aid in biological filtration, water circulation and provide hiding places for fish and invertebrate
• Easily stackable to create one-of-a-kind aquascapes that feature pillars, shelves, overhangs and caves
• The nooks and crannies in each rock make it easy to mount your favorite coral frags
• Available in several different shapes and sizes.
• Rock is weighed before shipment. However, depending on rock size, density, original moisture content, etc. the total weight after delivery may be less in some cases.
• Each box will contain a variety of rocks of different sizes and shapes.
• We are unable to take any special requests for rocks of a particular dimension or size.
• Due to the fragile nature of this rock, it is possible for the rock to break during shipment. We do our best to package the rock sufficiently to minimize damages. As Fedex does not consider this item insurable, we are unable to replace or refund damaged pieces. It is possible to attach multiple pieces together using aquarium epoxy in order to make large shelves or repair damaged rock.