Testing my site..please help..

Home Community Dogs Testing my site..please help..

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Christie 17 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Christie

Okay..I having been working on this for a while and I need to see how thi works. Can a few people please go to my site and fill out and ADOPTION APPLICATION? Just put in the name section the PPP or something..I am just testing this and if anyone has suggestions on more or better questions, please let me know. As I said it is not yet finished, but this is simple a test and I need a little feedback. Please post here and let me know if you filled something out. that way I can see if it went through. Thank you.

Sue

you forgot the link

Christie

Sorry..I can’t believe I did that

Susan

I filled out one of your adoption applications for you. Hope it went through ok…I can’t think of anything I would add or ask it looked fine to me…..Suebee54

Sue

ditto but I had a lot of suggestion for change

Danny
    Participant

no suebgone your kidding right?????

Kurt

tested and will pm you with some opinions.

Patti

First let me applauded you on this path you are taking. I think this world needs more people like yourself to educate people on the bully breeds. Thank you!!

Okay, one thing I noticed right away was when the application was submitted you should have a pop up "Application being processed", Application submitted" something like that so the person knows it went through.
    Do you have a whole screening process in place after receiving the application?
    Keep up the great work, the breed is fortunate to have an ambassador like yourself.

K

Your site is coming along nicely. 🙂 I do have a question though? You’ve got Augustus and Jasmine listed on the puppies page, and so I assume that Augustus is the "daddy"? Jasmine is shown there as well, which I can understand… she’s the pregnant bitch, which you’ve explained. I’m a bit confused as to whether or not Augustus and Jasmine will be placed for adoption. No information is given about Augustus, and the page simply says (about Jasmine) that you have taken over her care. Gosh… how do I say this without sounding completely mean? While we here at PPP know your intentions are good, if I were the average "Joe Blow" who happened upon your site and that particular page, I’d think you were a breeder as well. Does that make sense?

Christie

First I want to thank all of you for you input I do appreciate it. The short app was only meant as a test..the sever I am using doesn’t allow me to have a processing page..don’t know why..I will be reviewing all applications and asking for referances and checking those as well. I am most likely notifiy people that there will be a home visit required b/c anybody can lie on paper. Agustus is not available for adoption, my husband wants to keep him although I am not completely crazy about that idea, but he is my last link to Loki since Loki raised him. Jasmine will be returned to her owners after her litter is raised and she is spayed. I think she would be a liability if she were adpoted out to a different family and she does love her family… so I feel it would be better to have her spayed and return to the family she’s lived with for 5 years. She is also dog agressive since she was attacked by a rottie 2 years ago..(nothing against the breed, just happened to be a bad untrained dog) and I understand what you are saying Dia, but how would you world it better? I’m pretty sure I put in there that this breeding was an accident…I’ll go back and look it over . I plan on working on the site for most of the day after I get back from the vet. jasmine is going in for her x-ray today to see how many pups she is actually carring. I’ll post more when I get home. And thank you all for your help and suggestions.

K

You did say that the breeding was an accident. 🙂 And please forgive me if my post came off as harsh or out of line. I think it’s wonderful what you are doing for these dogs, and I only want to see you have the best reputation possible in your efforts. 😀 …. I think, if I were designing the site, I’d make sure to point out very strongly that Jasmine is not available for adoption. Just like that… and then go into the explanation as to how you acquired her and these pups (which will be available as soon as they are old enough and have been released for adoption by the vet…) As far as Augustus goes, is he the "daddy"? When and how did you come by him? I’m not saying that you shouldn’t mention or even show potential adopters who he is if he is the father of this litter, however… it might benefit your purpose if you could put a bit of his history on the page as well (if he’s going to be pictured there) and explain that he has since been altered and that he is now a member of your family and is not available for adoption. (I hope that made sense… I’m not entirely "with it" at the moment.

Christie

I updated the puppies the puppy page I am having trouble with the forms page but the other info is up.

K

10 puppies! Oh my that’s a lot… good luck to you and Jasmine.

What sort of trouble are you having with the form? Maybe I can help. I’ve never used freewebs before, so I’ll sign up today and have a look around and see what they have to offer. 🙂

Christie

it just wasn’t working at all..I was atleast able to post a Paypal donate button…but for some reason when I tried to type in questions or move them arround, it didn’t show up on screen after I hit the "done"button..I’ll have to try again later but I have to go into work in an hour or so.

kitra

I filled out your application, hope it went through!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.