Problem biter

Home Community Small Pets Problem biter

This topic contains 26 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hollly

I hope the vet helps too! My assumption was also that he was just more agressive because of dominance, because he’s about a third bigger than his brother, is a food hog, and generally when they play-fight he’s the one that pins the other. I’ll post pictures later.

Jennifer

Sounds like dominance to me! Hair fluffing is usually a sign of dominance they use on intruders to look bigger. A female rat I had was dominant over 5 others in the cage, although she wouldn’t bite me, she would punch/grab at the cat through the cage bars with her little hands and make huffing noises while jumping at her. It was a cute sight! The cat was very afraid of her. She did that to the males up above too.

Hollly

Yeah, that’s what my rat is doing to me. He puffs up and lunges at the bars. 🙁

Hollly

Thrall is the black one, (The biter) and Cairne is the black hooded.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Bobbi Jo

Cute names jspeer! And holtho your’s are vey cute too!!

Jennifer

How long have you had this rat?

Hollly

I’ve had both mine for about five months now. They are familiar with me and used to ride on my shoulders all the time… Now I can’t pick Thrall up at all out of fear he’ll attack me again. He only started getting aggressive about two weeks ago.

Brianne

getting him fixed will help alot with the aggression.

Jennifer

Your rats are cute! He’s too cute to be a biter:) You should lay some news paper down on your cage floors. I wouldn’t want your rats to get bumble foot:( They have really sensitive feet!

Jennifer

And let us know what the vet says!:)

Hollly

I’d post a picture of the wound, and you’d believe then he’s a biter. x_x I’ve tried laying down newspaper because of the wires, but they just shred it, despite that I give them sections of newspaper to shred separately.

Jennifer

I believe you! Have you tried putting plastic or cardboard down and then attatching it to the sides? What I do is lay several layers of paper down and then shred a bunch to put on top for them to use for nesting.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.