"poor" people owning dogs

Home Community Dogs "poor" people owning dogs

This topic contains 235 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  addseo1119 9 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 236 total)
  • Author

Deborah

Taylor, there HAS to be inter city families w/ Shih tsu’s… That would mean that you did "a study" and learned STATISTICALLY that in the inter cities, the people there do not get shih tsu’s. You know this as a FACT cuz you did A STUDY…right? I saying this because otherwise you sound like your stereo typing, (*spelling! Sorry…), and that would be wrong. I appreciate the point you are making…it does seem that a lot of inter city poverty line people like to get their hands on pitt bulls, rottie’s, dobies, shepheds…etc, however, I can list a sh*t load of rich people who love to get their hands on those breeds as well. Also, poor and rich, alike, (and of course middle class too), like to feel the need to get some serious protection…and wouldn’t those breeds be BEST SUITED for the job? I think they would…regarless of their zip code and net worth.

aaryn

attention everyone whom is poor! Pets are for those who are well off in life! So if you are a pet owner and do not earn a more than desent living please throw out your pet at your closest gated community or exclusive neighborhood.

Brianne

umm pardon??

Rachel

wmkbull – I tried to pull myself out of this discussion but your comment is really bothersome – I am assuming you are trying to be sarcastic, but I don’t think you have taken the time to read any of the posts before reacting. Not one person on here said only wealthy people living in exclusive neighborhoods should own pets. Get your facts straight before you lose your temper and please take the time to read through the posts.

aaryn

poor in "quotes" i don’t mean really poor like in poverty
    is going to offend some people like if i say sexually challenged people shouldnt have pets cause they’re "gay". I am sure many "poor" people have great pets and are better pet owners.

Tom

And Another Thing. oops

Hollly

Financial status usually has no impact on the pet, what matters is the person caring for the animal. Use common sense. If you’re struggling financially, it’s probably not a good idea to get that dog you always wanted.

RACHEL

I AGREE WITH YOU TO A CERTAIN EXTENT BUT I SEE ANOTHER SIDE I BEING THE PROUD OWNER OF A 14 YEAR OLD AND A 16 WEEK OLD AUST. SHEPPARD AND (4) 3-5 YEAR OLD PLOTTS KNOW HOW VET BILLS AND CARE FOR AN ANIMAL CAN RUN BUT I ALSO LOOK AT THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS AND SEE THAT PETS ARE LIKE CHILDREN AND EVEN THE LESS FORTUNATE CAN STILL PROVIDE LOVE JUST LIKE THERE ARE SO MANY HOMELESS CHILDREN IN THE WORLD THERE ARE EVEN MORE PETS AND EVEN IF SOMEONE COULD NOT AFFORD A VET BILL I SEE IT BETTER THAT IT IS LOVED WARM AND FEED THAN OUT IN THE COLD WITH NO ONE AT ALL. PETS ARE REALLY PEOPLE WITH FOUR LEGS THEY JUST NEED SOMEONE TO LOVE THEM

Helen

Pet Insurance ! I’m in UK, my dog is insured for ?7 a month with NO EXCESS to pay, low rate cover from 6mths of age, lifetime cover for any ongoing illness/medication. ?7,000 vets fees cover per yr plus many other benefits. ?7 per month is worth sacrificing, I’d much rather pay that than have to sacrifice my dog ! Cats are cheaper, I have 3 – their combined cover totals ?15 per month, all covered from 6mths of age, discount for multi pets, NO EXCESS FEES TO PAY, same lifetime cover and ?7,000 vet fees plus benefits…

Andrew

Creativz – Indeed..as much as insurance policies are usually crass; in this case i feel essential. Not many can be sure of their financial stability, no one can know what their future holds.

angela

I think that people that afford pets shouldn’t get them. I know 2 people that can’t afford pets and let the msuffer through it. The one person has a horse and a pony. they have a cramped tight space for it and they don’t even use feed buckets! the pasture is always muddy and there is only 1 spot with grass!!! The other person i don’t know… like they are a stranger. They have a tinnnnnnnnnnnnyyyy paddock with 3 horses!! I drove by there once and i almost cried!! They were as skinny as poles and didn’t have blankets on in 2 below weather!!!!

kirsten

Honestly how many people in this day can and have the funds for to pay for any tpye of emergency? If we all waited until we had the proper amount in savings we would never have pets or children. How much is enough? emergencys vary and one ne3ver knows how much it will cost. I feel if you can pay for the needed care of your pet i.e medicines,shots,food,shelteretc then go ahead and enjoy having pets. thank god a savings was not a prerequisite for myself or I wouldn’t have been able to rescue the 2 cats and 2 dogs that I now love and care for and most likely I would have never had my precious daughter.

Erick

Love does not have a dollar sign attached to it. Adopt a shelter dog who might very well be euthanized. Do you think that animal cares if you are poor? You just saved a life.

Teresa

I don’t think anyone should be told they are to poor to have a pet if you can buy food to feed the pet and be able to spend time and love your pet then why worry about how much money you save to be able to take to vets if a emergency comes up yes you have to be able to care for a pet like your child. There are payment plans Vet Hospitals will make to insure you can get the treatment they need etc.

Kathy

I am an animal lover of all kinds. I have 1 dog and I’m really not sure how many cats. Several years ago my husband fell off of a ladder and had to have surgery on his arm and it took 9 months for his radial nerve to heal. It was his right arm so he was unable to work or do much of anything else. At the time we had no cats. A stray came up and started keeping him company so he started feeding it. Along came another…and so the story goes on and on. We are fortunate enough to have a program in Georgia called Spay Georgia where you can buy discounted certificates to have your pets fixed. I have managed to catch all of the females, get them their initial shots and have them fixed. I cannot afford to do all of them. My point being I think that they are just glad that they don’t have to worry about where their next meal is coming from and the attention is an added bonus, whether it be a cat, dog whatever.
    Nearly 8 million cats and dogs are euthanized in the US every year. I don’t think being poor should even be an issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.