Animal Cops

Home Community People & Their Pets Animal Cops

This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Barbara 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)
  • Author

Anna

LOL Rotti that’s pretty funny. I bet the guy who had his dog was very HAPPY.

Danny
    Participant

ditto for the guy thats 10,000 richer… :0. Two winners here, for sure!

Lucy

Ain’t that the truth! Someone out here lost their cat and has posted a $1,000 reward. To be honest, if I found the cat, I don’t think I’d accept the money (like I don’t need it about now with a $1,200 vet bill for my Teddy dog). It would be reward enough just to know the cat was back with his loving family.

Danny
    Participant

woofnmew I agree, let the owner offer but then let ’em keep it…after all they just went through h_ll worried about their pet. Why make them pay more?…good point!

Elizabeth

I am pretty sure that the SPCA in Houston actually has a list of breeds that they don’t adopt out (ie that they either re-assign or put down). So if it was Animal Cops Houston where you saw this, it is entirely possible it was really because of the dog’s breed, and the food aggression was just an excuse.

Lucy

Waterwitch…I got a call from the North Shore Animal League (Long Island, NY) saying they were planning to fight the State’s proposed Pitbull elimination law. I’m not sure exactly what the new law would entail, but it sure sounds unfair to all those individuals who own well-behaved Pittbulls. You might want to find out exactly what NSAL was talking about.

linsay

i just thought i would tell you about a story that happend over here. there was a couple not young either there goldon ret. went missing from out side there home she was not young either so she could not be use for breeding they used there life savings put posters up talked to every one still no luck they even put there home up so they could get money she was micro chip to they put posters up on busses to and went on tv this poor couple still never heard from there dog again still to this day not a word and the couple are now in dept how sad is that poor couple never to hear nothing again about there pet so some one out there knew some thing and not said word how horrible is that ?

Anna

Well good I hope whoever took their dog can’t sleep at night and feels how bad the couple might have felt every time they look at the dog, We had an incident in my neighbourhood where someone just went into this family’s backyard and took their 8 month bernese mountain dog and they put up posters but I don’t know what happened, That’s why in the summer when my parents go somewhere I tell them not to leave the dogs playing in the yard because sadly their is jerks out there who pull this crap.

Bobbi Jo

That is a shame about the boxer, i have a beautiful boxer myself and a pit bull/german shepard mix. My dad has since gotten himself a boxer and now so has my mom. I have never met a mean boxer. But i’m sure there are some out there. We don’t know the whole story on this dog so they may have been in the right or they may not have. But there are so so so many dogs in shelters, pounds, and on the streets, that this dog even if passed may never have gotten adopted. People that go in there read the charts and they see anything about biting forget it. At least this dog was removed from it’s "home" so it didn’t have to starve to death. I have 2 cats that were wild, 1 stray dog and 1 dog from the shelter, and 1 horse rescued from the track and two from slaughter. So i am all about rescueing animals. But rescueing doesn’t just mean keeping them alive longer! Those of you who don’t believe in bringing animals to the shelters… take a drive through VA. Just about every road you go down you will see a stray dog. You see dead dogs on the side of the road as many as if they were squirrels. These dogs aren’t likely to survive. What’s better….them getting some food and a shelter and put humanely to sleep or hit by a car or die from disease?? Of course i wouldn’t just bring them straight to the shelter, i would try everything else first. But domesticated dogs aren’t meant to live in the wild, they can’t. Think about what’s best for the animal, not your feelings.

Christie

thanks for the warning woof…I’ll look it up…I am almost always off the forums on the weekends..toom uch work!!

Daniellle

I don’t think it’s right there is always sum1 for angod bcos that dog would have been a great companion for any hoo is lonely and living in the middle of nowhere they should have atleast waited to see if he got better with time in my opinion putting down any animal withought great reson is wrong

Frances

The government is too bloody eager to kill an animal just because it snaps at the nasty strangers that are sent to "rescue" the dogs!
    I am sick of this attitude, obviously the dog had been abused, it just needed someone to take care of it and show it that not everyone will steal his food! And who wouldn’t hit him when he tried to eat!
    Boxers are sweethearts!
    Those idiots don’t know a bloody thing about animals!!! Why didn’t they just call the local Boxer Adoption Society and turn him over to them !!!!???

adriean

These people that say its dog aggression are like doctors who misdiagnose patients, it happens way too much. Many times these dogs can be place as AnnaMarie said with adults who are trained to work with food aggression. I have two dogs both do not like to be bothered when they are eating and I have one cat who will hiss at you when you come near him while he is eating, and I certianly would not think of putting them to sleep because of it. Its just easier and cheaper to put them down than to put time, money and efford into them. I STAND FIRMLY ON THIS

Andrei

Its too bad that some cities have banned certain breeds of dogs because of the stories about them. Pit Bulls have a bad rep, but not all of them are bad. I know of a couple that are just couch potatoes. In the case of wildlife you would call the fish and game.

Brianne

i agree the dog should have been put to sleep. i know with my dogs that i have had and with other peoples puppies. i make it a point to bug them while they are eating, shoving my hands in their face and takeing the food away. There is no reason for a healthy dog to have food aggression. and like one other person said food aggression in some dogs can lead to other types of agression. it is sad that because the dog was neglected and starved he became food aggressive but it is not worth the risk of harming a petential owner trying to do the right thing and save a dog from the shelter. and for me to say that is alot because animals come before humans in my book.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.