hello to all first time here!

Home Community Horses & Riding hello to all first time here!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gypsy_princess 19 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Yeah, those are some pretty good ideas. Keep adding the oil to the feeds. Get feeds with very high fat percentages. I don’t know how often you feed him, but its most likely 2 times a day. If its possible, instead of feeding him two large meals a day, you could feed him three medium size meals a day. There are some supplements you can add to his feed as well. Good luck!!

I would say to just have whoever is feeding her to increase her feed a little bit OR give her more hay. I wouldn’t change anything untill you start riding her more. If she starts to look like she is gettin a little ribby, then start to increase her feed OR to give her more hay. P.S. Just in case you didn’t already know (which I am sure you do), get her slowly back in to work. Don’t automatically start cantering around and jumping. It would be like if someone told you to run a marathon on the spot. Just walk for a week, then trot for a while (short trotting spurts, then to increase), then canter. Well, anyway, if you need to know anything else, just ask. ;D

prettyhorse

Hi i am writing for the first time. I am 12 years old and after many long years of waiting i finally am leasing a horse!Well anyway, she has been sitting in her stall 4 a while and now i am riding her. I am afraid she will lose alot of weight. Should i feed her pellets or get the people at the barn to feed her more hay? she is a 16hh thoroughbred mare. she’s chestnut with a tear shaped star and 1 coronet. i love her more than anything!she was a race horse but obviously didn’t do very well. her name is streakin’ storm J.B., but i call her J.B. baby. lol. ok i’ll stop talking now. 😉 ~milla

Cool, so how long have you been riding? I’m assuming you ride English. What can you do, or have done? Do you show, or pleasure ride?

prettyhorse

thanks! yeah i have been slowly working her back into excersice and making sure she doesn’t get too hot. she is pretty athletic and is really happy now that she is being ridden again!

prettyhorse

I have been riding for 4 years. I mostly pleasure ride but i am planning to do some showing this summer. I just have to get more comfortable on J.B.

Yeah! I want to do some pleasure shows. I love to jump! Do you?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.