hello to all first time here!

Home Community Horses & Riding hello to all first time here!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  gypsy_princess 19 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

No one in my family other than my mom likes horses. Hey HorseLover. You said you lease a pony right. Well taking lessons is about the same amount depending on where you live. The $ is just spread out over an entire month instead of one payment all at once. I take one lesson a week, but I work 5 days a week at the farm so I can get extra, supervised rides.

my brother used to go riding because he had nothing better to do and now he has given up because he can’t be bothered any more. lazy or what!

Hi Horselover! it’s really sad that you can’t afford a pony or riding lessons. :'( i go riding once a week but i don’t have my own pony. but i suppose it is better that i don’t, so i can spend more time on my school work and get a good job to take care of it properly. i used to live in the country but then moved to the town. it was really sad because we had to sell all of our animals. we didn’t have horses and it was only 6 1/2 acres of land but it was so much better than where i live now. i hate having people around me. it’s just the way i am.

horselover1

well I just found this site tonight among others. I have been a horse lover all my life, and have been riding for many years. I have a leased horse right now but this ends August 10th. I’m pretty sad about, I don’t have the money to spend for lessons, and out right buying one. I envy all of you who have one and wish I was in your shoes. I live in Bangor Maine and there are not many places to go trail riding and they don’t let you ride english or bare back, even though I just settle to be on there beautiful backs. Well I would write more but I have to get to bed, hope to hear from some one. Take care all michele

…. yeah :-/…. I;m kinda defensive of my horseys!! But we’re good now. ;D

Yep, horses are just soooo great, I could never say enough good things about them.

horselover1

I’m not to worried abot stepping on equinedreamers toes. For onething I"m 24 years old and entitled to my opinion and I always speak my mind ( respectfuly) U can’t go through life tipy toing around people if the bitch let them depending how much it means to u let it go throughon ear and out the other. If a bitchy person has a heart they wil forgive and forget and move on its called maturity. I don’t look for arguemnets just peoplr to chat and share with.

?Well, I’m just sooooooooooooooooooooooooo obsessed about horses, it’s kinda hard to ignore bad comments about horses. But, I guess your like most others, they just don’t understand obsessions. My room is COVERED with horse stuff. Horse calenders, posters, bed sheets, breyers,show ribbons, pounds upon pounds(literally) of horse books. By the way, I’m 14, it’s my b-day. 🙂 ?Nina, Your 15, I thought you were 14?

Thay sound sooo great. Have fun exploring!!! Tell me hw the double dinking goes(when you teach them).

It’s cool that you do all that stuff. I am just your average horse mad 12 year old girl, wishing for a horse and never getting one. the highlight of my week is my 1 hour long slot of riding. And the two sides meet once again. so close together and yet so far apart.

horselover1

there is a difference about being passionate about a love for horses and being rude and unjustful. if you think about it your no better then the ones talking bad about horses! And for one I don’t say mean things about horses they are my love since I was a kid and always will be just like horses I take no crap from others. Can’t remember who asked but what advice are you looking for. I’ve trained horses, from 2years old on up to old ones taught english riding and compete proffesionally in Dressage and show jumping.

Well, ummm…. to Horselover…. no comment, I’m not gonna get into that with you. I can see that this is not gonna turn out the way it did with Nina(Sweet16).

14h seems extremely small. Especially for someone … what 14 was it? She should have something closer to 15h. I don’t really have much advice for you. Except to make sure that she gets a little professional help.

MY FRIEND IS GETTING A HORSE! This is so cool! I mean, it will be kinda sad seeing her living out my dream, but i AM happy for her. really. yes. of course I’m happy for her. what kind of friend would I be if I was jelouse of her? haha, I’m fine, really, happy for her. yeah. Seriously though, It does worry me a bit that she is getting one. she is a bit older than me and she found a pony she really likes – It is a 14hh ArabXwelsh mare. too small, too high maintenence and mares (especcially arabs i’m told) can be high strung and tarty. I want to help her out because she is not the most… intelligent of people but I don’t want to intrude. what should I do?

8buck

Hey I am writing for the first time. I just added another horse to my collection and need to throw some weight on him. I have used beet pulp and corn oil and feed for older horses wormed and fed great hay. what would you all feed. He has all the grass he can eat. His mane grows down to towards the ground lol but serious need to put more weight on ’em. he is i think 10 Name is Pride Of Doc RRR i reckon i need to look him up on AQHA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.