ACCIDENTS!

Home Community Horses & Riding ACCIDENTS!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 17 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Mcflurry

My lesson group and I were outside in the arena cantering around the ring. All of a sudden the pony I was riding tripped and we both felw in the air! I fell but was ok! But I fell onto my back and was knocked out for acouple seconds. The next thing I knew I was sitting on the bench outside of the arena. My back hurt and I had a bad headache! I went to the hospital leaving with only a few brusies and scratches! If it wasen’t for my helmet, I don’t think I’d be here today! :'( Ok……. I had just been in the middle of the indoor arena fixing my girth and getting all settled. I turned my horse to the rail at a walk. All of a sudden she took a un-expected turn after seeing her boyfriend. RIGHT INTO A JUMPING STAND! It got attached to the saddle and we dragged it for a few strides. Then she bucked and I stayed on. Then she reared and I jumped off. Luckily only landing on my butt! OUCH! :'( I was riding a old owned horse over like 5 bouce jumps at the canter of course. On the second jump he tripped and I flew up his neck. Slidding off and landing on my feet! 😛 -Janine

haha! that last one must have looked so funny!

Wow!! Landing on your feet!! I haven’t fell off in a long time…. ooops, I think I just jinxed myself :-

WOW!!! Thats amazing!!! Poor thing!! He ws only 3 years old and he had to retire! That is soo sad! And you got that hurt too! Did he really land on top of you? That sounded so awful!! 😮

Wow!! You are really lucky that he didn’t kill you! I mean, thats 1000+ lbs landing on you! At least he will have a good, relaxing life… :-

Rebellion28

one time when i was 6 and got my first horse (5 yr old buckskin mare) named Mrs. Buck. when we bought her she was quiet and even though young was a good first horse. we bought her from some people who were in a hurry to move, we also bought some tack and a trailer. we bought her on the spot, and took her home right then(in the trailer we bought). it was a great deal! ;D when we got back to our house we put her in the barn, and gave her a little feed. a couple hours later we saddled her up and i hoped on inside a round pen. i walked her around a little and troted a little, my dad & mom said i could take her out and WALK her on the training track but i thought i was ready to trot a little so i did , she was troting fine along the middle of the track, so i tried to move her to the rail, she shyed and went galloping for her life, towards the midle of the track , she ran along the middle a couple times around(cantering now) while i held on for dear life!!! >:( 🙁 i tried to slow her down, but she went back in to a gallop instead and jumped the outside rail and went on a WILD gallop toward the stud barn!! our main stallion was in his paddock with a 6 ft fence, Mrs. Buck went straight throught the fence and was breed by the stallion!!!!! i brock my collar bone!!!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! Thats crazy! So did you fall off right when she jumped the 6 ft fence? Wow, did she end up pregnant? If so, did you keep the foal? Thats awful about you breaking your collarbone!!! And your first pony! What an awful experience!!

Rebellion28

she went though the fence!!!! ya, we kept the foal, Taz! He’s great, exept someones about to by him! but, its ok, we have plenty of other horses, but ill still miss him! Oh i forgot to tell u she (Mrs. Buck)had been tranculized! thats why the people we bought her from wanted to move so fast!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have Mrs. Buck she’s a super brood mare! all of her foals have been bueties!

Thats good. At least she has a good use! LOL!!!

Mollie

;D once when i was rideing a qh/tb mare i was cantering around the feild (i jump but i was in a western saddle cause i was on a friends horse)and i decided to canter along and i kinda forgt i was in a western saddle and we were cantering and i came to this fence about 3” high and i have never jumped tht high (beings i am still a begginer)and the horse jumped over it but made to much of a pop and the horn went into my tummy and it knocked my out of breath…i fell off the hors and was laying in the dirt for like 3 minutes trying to recive a few puffs of air…i had a bruise the size of texas the next day!!!!

Liloaty92

I haven’t fallen off yet, but my sister did, and It was really scary. My sister is shy and really scared of horses, but she decided to take lessons with me. Our instructer(who is now fired) put her on a young horse named square dance. I knew that SD was a hard to handle horse, but my sister did fine with her. The next week we were all trotting in a circle and I was on my horse, Slim, and my sister was in front of me, all of a sudden my sis accidently turned SD so that she was going towards a small crossrail jump. I stopped my horse before it could follow SD. My sis was scared so she held on to the horses mane, and in the process accidently touched Sd’s ears. SD hates having her ears touched, but my sister didnt know that. All of a sudden Square Dance starterd off in a full gallop and jumped the crossrails. in the processmy sisters feet had come out of the stirrups, and she was lying flat on the horse, holding on for dear life. While going over the jump she fell and the horse’s back hoof hit her head. Everyone rushed over, except me because I had dismounted and was trying to caml the horse down. Luckily my sister wasnt hurt at all and got right back on, on my horse of course and I led her around for a little while. Since then my sister has quit riding, but mainly because it was just not her thing. I will never forget that moment.

Mollie

that is something that is really scary.when thisngs like that happen it makes my sick to my stomach.first of all,i am glad that trainer was fired because she should have known better than to put a begginer rider,scared and shy at that on a young,freah horse that she knows cannot hardly be controlled.reall it is not the horses fault,nor your sisters,it is the trainers fault.obviously she wasent a good,smart trainer because even i (being 12 y.o)can figure out that a begginer rider dose not go good with a high spirited horse.hope your sister finds the horse lover in herself!

Yeah.. some people are just stupid!

Linda

At some point perhaps in my life even though I can no longer ride due to an auto accident that broke my pelvis in several places, what happened to me will forever remain etched in my mind. I was only 7, when I watched my grandfather die on his horse. He decided he needed to retrieve the horse from my mother’s pasture and return it to his. After giving my 3 year old cousin a walk around the yard he decided to get on. Grandpa was a short stout man and it usually took him three tries to mount a horse. The first try was perfect! He sat there, still and then the horse went absolutely crazy! The horse reared, bucked, neighed sending him to the ground, lost his own footing and his great back lit square on top of grandpa. The greatest horseman I ever knew was gone, and it still hurts deeply when I think of him. Why does it matter so much?First he’s family and he spoiled me and the rest of his grandchildren absolutely rotten. 2nd. My grandfather raced horses. He was passionate about the sport and even grandma couldn’t stop him no matter how much she worried.

So what did it do to me? I’m afraid of horses, and yet, I love them dearly, I will pet them, speak to them, but get on one? The only reason I would is out of deep respect for my grandfather, and I know he doesn’t want this granddaughter to be afraid of horses. But the truth is, I am. I need work to overcome it, but now that I have permanent injuries riding horses is out of the questione

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.