ACCIDENTS!

Home Community Horses & Riding ACCIDENTS!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 17 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

that would have been scary! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ a similar thing happened to someone i know one time. i was on a hack with her and a few other people. one girl was riding a horse called misty, a lively, excitable fleabitten grey mare. we were about to go for a canter when misty shot off through the forest at a gallop. this was quite some time ago and the girl on Misty had never galloped before. suddenly the pony next to bucked and followed misty into the forest. the most experienced girl, Annabell, set off after them on her pony , Poppy. we followed at a walk (and the girl who as bucked of walk on foot) so as not to get our ponies too excited. Annabell was walking towards us holding misty and smarty. poppy was being ridden by the other girl. it was really scary but no one was seriously hurt!

Accidents are some of the scariest and most exciting things to happen on a horse/pony. I’ve never been seriously hurt, just a few brueses, but it happens to everyone. if you’ve had an accident and want to share it post it here! This is one of mine: at my riding stables i was on the new pony Harley. he was quite small but very strong. we were doing jumping with the ponies in the field. when it came to my turn i set him off at a good canter. he went straight and gave a huge jump. but when i tried to turn him back to the other ponies on the left he pulled with all his weight to the right where the gate is. i heard my instructor telling me "Pull on the left rein! Megan listen to me! turn him this way!" i felt like shouting back: "What d’ya think i’m tryin’ to do?" eventually with a lot of help i got him back to the other ponies. my second turn came. i set him off at a trot this time and only let him canter when we were just before the jump. he hesitated and gave a huge leap over the jump knocking me out of my position until i was hanging on to his neck! that was the scariest bit. this pony was galloping along and i could do nothing but push myself onto the ground! so i did. my butt hurt afterwards and he nearly broke his reins but apart from that everything turned out O.K. no thanks to Harley!

I’ve fallen off 3-4 times before, but I’ll tell about 1 or 2. Once, when I was at a show, I was ridin this cute but sometimes sttuborn ::)little pony named Sammy. We were headin toward a jump at the trot and hen stopped in front of it :(. I turned him, and headed back to it but he stopped again. ??? I turned him to it a third time, and he broke into a canter about 3 strides before the jump. I ahdn’t really cantered many jumps at the time and I wasn’t really expecting him to canter, so I was caught off guard, once we made it over the jump, I slid off the side of him :-/. It was sooooom embarassing cause my family was there!!! :-[ Once I was ridin this little 14hh 4 year old dapple grey pony named Calina. She shies at every thing, but is very cute ;). I was cantering her around the ring and decided to cut across the diagnol. Right when I was turning, she decided to shy at a jump she had passed perfectly fine a hundred times ::). Since I was on a turn, I was already kinda leaning and I fell off the side. Since I was ridin in the ring when it happened and no one saw, I just got back on ๐Ÿ˜‰ and when people asked about the scrape on my arm I jnust said that Calina had shied at me changing a jump. It was partially true, cause she did shy and it did have to do with a jump!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

That must have looked hilarious!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

it was quite funny the first time i fell off. i was cantering Hobo around the shool and he was going really well for me. suddenly he tripped and his front end came plummeting down to the ground. i was cought completely off guard and rolled down his neck and landed butt first in the sand! my elbows were still at a 95 degree angle and my hands were still shaped to hold the reins. hobo and i stood up and then i saw the skid mark he made with his knees. it must have been 2 metres long! luckily both of us were alright.

Did you get back on once you fell?

i’m sure it did!

It’s lots of fun. I go here and HorseLand(a place where oyu can own your own virtual horses).

Wow!!! Oh yeah, by the way, welcome!!!!

I just became a member first thing. It’s really fun Nina, trust me!!!

I go on horseland too. what is your name? i am sherbet_lemons and my account number is 1329988. I have some rescued horses for sale if you want them. $1000 each and they are vetted and shoed.

I’m EquineDreamer and I don’t know what my # is though.

what is your best horse?

Thats kinda hard to say. I have 10-12 horses right now. I haven’t really done much with horseland lately, I just keep up with having a large variety of different breeds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.