my dog passed away getting his nails clipped.

Home Community Pet Loss Support my dog passed away getting his nails clipped.

This topic contains 915 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  Max 11 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 916 total)
  • Author

Anna

sweety tell me the name of this place ( I won’t involve you if you don’t want) I’m just so pissed off here like I can’t let this go. Iresponsible groomers need to be put in their place!

Hollly

I’ll just stop giving my opinion, since I’ve noticed in these forums that if you don’t agree with the majority of people you generally get attacked. 🙂 Sue sue sue, it’s the American way. Whatever.

Christie

Ann…I really agree with you. I work for a larger company and I had to go to school…we are tough all kinds of warning signs for distress and even confirm with the client’s vets for medical conditions. IN this case the groomer were negligent and in some places it would be considered creulty for not seeking immediate medical attention for an animal in obvious ditress;especially considereing that they had the medical records in front of them. Personally I would love to know where this happened…Just the company name…at least on these forums I think we could warn a few other people about that place.

Also..holtho Are you a groomer, vet, vet tech or lawyer? If not you don’t know the training that we do go through and yes while I feel that sometime there should be more training in some places, this case was one of common sense…anyone with a brain in there head should have seen something was wrong and stopped immediately and sought medical attention.

I am truly sorry for the loss or you pet.

pam

holtho, please don’t stop posting. i’m pretty outspoken at times and may be considered one of the "offenders" to some people. i’ve been "called out" more than once, but it won’t deter me from posting. i read and take in other people’s opinion. i don’t take it personally when someone disagrees, in fact i’ve learned a few things and realized i was wrong some times. i like your posts and actually agree with you more often than not. i think we all have unique personalities, but at the same time we’re all similar too because we’re all passionate about the same thing – our pets/animals. the problem is that with a forum like this, you can’t see people’s expression when their trying to get a point across and therefore it can be taken completely wrong. know what i mean? anyway, i hope you just keep on posting your opinion.

Hollly

Thank you for your reply, it’s nice to know that there are other people here who value others opinions without an attitude offered in return. I am not a vet or a lawyer, but I do frown upon people who scream ‘SUE’ as the first action to take. This person just suffered a very tragic loss; and I know if I were in their shoes, my first impulse would not be to sue!

pam

i just wanted to say too that even if the owner was present when this unfortunate (to put it lightly!) incident happened and all medical records were available prior, this would probably work "for" the owner, not against in court. in the Law, there is an expectation that when a professional service is provided, the provider of the service has the "higher responsibility". if proper actions weren’t taken when the problem first appeared, then that’s another possible option for an action. i realize with the current laws, it might not be enough. as long as pets are considered "property", getting any real justice will be pretty tough. just a thought thought for anyone willing and able to pursue such a case.

pam

i agree holtho with your opinion. i don’t think it would be a good thing for everyone to be allowed to sue whenever a pet is lost or injured. this seems to me to be kind of an unusual case though. with such circumstances i just believe there should be some sort of recourse to determine exactly what happened, if for no other reason than to prevent it from happening to someone else if negligence was a factor in this poor animals death. not to mention the heartbreak this poor owner is going through as a result….

Hollly

I do agree that this was tragic, and if the groomers were neglecting the animals needs, then it may be a legal matter. I imagine this is not the only animal they have come into their facility with groomer anxiety though, and I really doubt this has ever happened to that facility before. How could you anticipate a nervous dog to react this severely? If he was having trouble breathing and they did not stop, I would consider that negligence, and then I would support legal action. Was the owner present when it happened?

pam

good points. i honestly believe the groomer is probably distraught over what happened too. that doesn’t excuse their responsibility though if they didn’t act correctly when this problem occurred. it’s a tough situation. i’m not passing judgement either way. i don’t know what really happened. the only way to find out is in a court though. i’m not particularly very fond of courts, unless they rule in my favor. 🙂 but that’s all we’ve got and at least we all have the power here to vote still…..

John

This is a tough one. Who would expect a dog to pass away from asthma? You hear about it being a danger for humans as far as being life threatening but I’ve never heard of it actually killing anyone. Both vets and groomers from what I’ve seen become a little too casual about being forceful with pets. Very sorry to hear about such a loss and that such severe signs went unnoticed until too late. Make a scrapbook of your pup. It’s a nice tribute that will give respect. http://www.hollywoodpet.net

pam

asthma kills about 5,000 people per year in the US. in pets, it often missed (not diagnosed) until it’s too late……

krisstal

I appriciate for everyone response and, sympathy. I still miss my baby. Well the place I went to is a very well respected place. he has had been going to this place for 5 years, I trusted petco. with my precious dog. I dont know about suing. I’m still trying to get over my trauma.

krisstal

Christie

Krisstal,

Please excuse my typos…I just came home from work and checked the site to see if you responded. Are you saying that this happened at a Petco store? While I know this is very, very difficult, you absolutley must contact the customer service line so they can direct you to the head of the Animal Services department. I may even get fired for telling you this, but what happend is completely horrific and irresponsible. Also were you present when this happened? they should have stoped at the first sign of severe distress. And I have never seen a nail clipping take more than 5 minutes. I’d really like to talk to you in more detail, but I am not sure on all the rules for these forums.

Susan

Wolfwitch, if you want to talk to Krisstal without using the forum you can click on her name (with her last post) and it takes you to her profile where you can e-mail her. That way your comments won’t be public and you can get more info from her.

angela

Really! That was truly un nessesary to post that personal stuff. You probably really embarassed her… no affence!!!! 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 916 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.