Rocky

Home Community Pet Loss Support Rocky

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Gary 18 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gary

Rocky was my best friend for 13 years 8 months. He was always there for me. He was the most loving dog a person could ever have. I had to put him down 12/9/05. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. He had lost all feeling in his hind legs and could not control where he went to the bathroom (i.e., inside the house). It took me 4 hours to dig his grave. The vet was so kind he put him down and then wrapped him in a blanket and put him in my car and said "no charge". I brought Rocky home, said my goodbyes and then laid him to rest. He was always ready with a kiss and a wag of a tail. He just loved everybody. I will miss you always. Love, G

Click on any picture to see full size:

Daphne
    Participant

Its terrible when our dearest friends start to suffer with age like this, but you know you did everything right, and let your poor old Rocky die with his dignity intact. You were lucky to have such a sensitive vet. Have you tried setting up a virtual memorial to Rocky? Link is below. I’m very sorry for your loss, and if you want to talk about it pls go ahead…

Gary

Daphne:

Thank you for your kind words and the link to the virtual memorial.

sammy

I’m so sorry about your Rocky. I have a mini daschsie with the same name so of course your message got my attention. I had to put my first daschsie down at age 16 due to similar problems. It is a very hard thing to do. I now have two more and they bring alot of joy to my life. In time you might be able to get another pet that will bring you much happiness. Take care.

Gary

Thank you Shamrock for you kind words I think Rocky could have made it another 3 or 6 months but the vet said things would just get worse Thank you again G

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.