Training

Home Community Horses & Riding Training

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EquineDreamer89 19 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Rebellion28

ok, im ariannas friend , Amber, she let me have this account dealy, since she said she never when on any more i could have it! 🙂 yay for me! ;D any way about the training, im here to debate about long lineing and lungeing. people say that long lineing is better ? ??? i dont see a point in it !!!! really think about it! heres a list of why lungeing is better: 1) lungeing teaches the horse to go forward from the side 2) it builds muscles before u can ride them 3) u can school novice riders give me 1 reason long lineing is better than lungeing?

Hi!! I am Arianna’s friend! Okay, I don’t want to start out on a bad foot, so I do want to say that lungeing is useful too. 1) longe lining teaches a horse to respond to rein pressure and rein cues, which is what they really need to know. (Why would you teach a horse to go forward from the side? That is not what you do in everyday riding.) 2)Longe lining can build muscle before you ride them as well. (And is keeps you in shape too) lol 3) It shows the horse that he/she is not the only one doing the work. You’re not just standing around in the center ordering him/her around, but participating in his/her workout. But lungeing is good too, because you can school novice riders, and if you are being lazy, you can do stand around in the center (lol). Please, no hard feelings anyone!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.