Do Hamsters Carry Disease?
I want to get a hamster. My mom said okay but my dad said I can't get one because hamsters carry diseases and he doesn't want me to get sick the only way I can get one is if they don't carry diseases. Do they? (Sherri - Location withheld)
Of course hamsters can carry disease, as can any other animal, but it is very, very unlikely that if your hamster is sourced from a good pet shop and is kept in a safe and healthy manner that he should have any disease at all. Tell your dad that a hamster is no more dangerous in terms of disease than a cat or dog.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- PetSmart: Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories and Many Pet Products
- 1000 Rats Seeking New Homes in California
- Pets in Education
- Hundreds of Guinea-Pigs Killed In Fire
- Rhode Island's New Small Animal Laws Take Effect
- Common Health Problems of Mongolian Gerbils
- A Guide to Hamster Health
- Visit The Small Pet Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter