Dog With Skin Peeling From Paw
Our whippet is losing the dark skin from one of his paws. It is just peeling off. The other paw is absolutely fine. (Rodney Andrews - New York)
As with most skin conditions, it is important to get your dog checked out by a vet if the cause is unknown. One possible reason for this is contact dermatitis - with an indication that only one of your dog's paws came in contact with the offending agent. Contact dermatitis can happen when the dog has had contact with items such as plants, metals, soaps, detergents, shampoos etc. causing an allergy. The affected areas are normally witnessed in the hairless parts of the body because the hair-covered areas are less affected.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- PetSmart: Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories and Many Pet Products
- Rescue Dog Nervous in Car
- Dog Separation Anxiety
- Dog has Frequent Diarrhea
- Dog Fear Displacement
- Foxhound puppy sometimes attacks
- My dog has formed a stricture at the end of her esophagus
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter