Dog With Skin Peeling From Paw
Our whippet is losing the dark skin from one of his paws. It is just peeling off. The other paw is absolutely fine. (Rodney Andrews - New York)
As with most skin conditions, it is important to get your dog checked out by a vet if the cause is unknown. One possible reason for this is contact dermatitis - with an indication that only one of your dog's paws came in contact with the offending agent. Contact dermatitis can happen when the dog has had contact with items such as plants, metals, soaps, detergents, shampoos etc. causing an allergy. The affected areas are normally witnessed in the hairless parts of the body because the hair-covered areas are less affected.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Neutering a dog to prevent fighting
- Dog Faking having to go Potty
- Dog has Started Killing Kittens
- Dog bites our other dog unexpectedly
- Teaching a German Shepherd to Play
- Feeding your dog before hunting?
- Timid Papillon Needs Training
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter