Nose Temperature In Sick Dogs
Are dogs noses cold or warm when they are sick? (Julie Kerg - Ohio)
The temperature and moisture level of a dogs nose will vary throughout the day. Your dog uses its nose to help cool itself, so if your dog is hot then it will sweat (and lick) its nose so that the evaporating moisture helps cool it down. If you touch its nose at this time it will be cold and wet. If your dog feels like its at the correct temperature then it then its nose will feel dry and warm. It is however unusual for a dogs nose to be hot and dry, this is sometimes a sign of illness.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Dogs that Donít Shed
- Do Cats and Dogs Get Colds?
- How are Pets Euthanized?
- The Benefits, Breeds and History of Hairless Dogs
- How Serious is Intervertebral Disk Disease for Dogs?
- Dog Safety Tips for Families
- Pet Supplements and Vitamins
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter