Can A Dog Be Given Pepto-Bismol For Diarrhea?
Can you give a dog pepto-bismol for diarrhea? My dog has had diarrhea for almost 1 month and nothing is working to help it. (Tonya Baker - Ohio)
You should never give any animal any medication intended for human use without prior advice from your vet, and actually in the physical presence of your vet. It is impossible to correctly diagnose your dog as having diarrhea without a thorough examination of possible causes and other symptoms. If your dog has had diarrhea for one month, he must be extremely unwell by now. There is grave danger of your dog dying from extreme dehydration and you must seek a vet's advice as soon as you can.
There are currently no comments for this topic.
- Dogs that Donít Shed
- Do Cats and Dogs Get Colds?
- How are Pets Euthanized?
- The Benefits, Breeds and History of Hairless Dogs
- How Serious is Intervertebral Disk Disease for Dogs?
- Dog Safety Tips for Families
- Pet Supplements and Vitamins
- Visit The Dog Homepage
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter